National Scout Pedal Car Olympics
10-12th January 2020
Open to all Scouts, Explorers, Guides and Rangers.
Cost per TEAM (4 people):
Shared Indoor Accommodation £170
Leaders FREE (camping)
Price includes Uniform badge and team event video – downloadable.
1st Place £175 camping/activity vouchers
2nd Place £125 camping/activity vouchers
3rd Place £75 camping/activity vouchers
The event is open to all Scouts, Guides, Explorer Scouts and Ranger Guides. The competition is for teams of 4 in two categories, Junior (under 14 yrs) and Senior (over 14 yrs). Younger participants can race in the over 14 category but under no circumstances may over 14’s race in the under category.
The Prizes will be presented to the team with the highest points. Each member of every team contributes to the total points.
Thriftwood & Dino Car supply all pedal cars.
Friday/Sat evening meal, Sat/Sun breakfast and lunch available at reasonable prices.
Must be pre-booked and pre- paid for. Tickets will be issued for meals that are pre-paid only.
See main entry form for details
Included in the entrance fee are the following:
- Individual Track: 5 laps around the floodlit tarmac 50m track.
- Sprint: 60m drag strip style race.
- Endurance: Over 500m of woodland tracks, with a downhill finish. Racing Quad bikes.
- Team Relay: 4 racers one car, slick changeovers required!
- Dizzy Donuts : A relay with a twist. 5 donuts to be completed making you totally dizzy!
- Pursuit: Race against an opponent round an inflatable track, against the clock.
- Tractor Pull: See how far you can pull the load which gets heavier and heavier the further you go.
- Blindfold Pairs: The blindfolded driver is guided round a course by the seeing pillion passenger.
- Moon Buggy: A weird rear steer cart with leavers rather than a wheel. Race the course against the clock
- Triathlon: Pedal, run and then calm the breathing for Shooting. Do you have what it takes?
- Gun Run: No guns, but plenty of running! An obstacle course that requires the dismantling & rebuilding of a pedal car!
What else is available?
During the day, when competitors are not racing, the following activities will be on offer:
- 3D Maze
- Axe Throwing
Pit Stop Café
The Café will be open all weekend serving hot & cold drinks and snacks etc.
The fun doesn’t stop when the sun goes down, in the evening on Saturday Disco and Inflatables are available for the participants. Leaders & participants can relax in the ‘pit stop’ bar.
Download the flyer: flyer2019
Download Booking Form:Application2020
Junior: Junior Results
Senior: Senior Results
Overall Positions: Junior Overall